To promote and support the continued educational development of Emory employees and members of their families, Emory offers attractive educational benefits. The Courtesy Scholarship is a tuition-only scholarship available to you and your eligible family members who apply and are admitted for enrollment in an academic program at Emory University.
Review the Courtesy Scholarship Policy for eligibility requirements.
How to Enroll
- Step 1: Complete the Admissions Process by applying to the appropriate school, meeting all deadlines and admissions requirements. The process of applying for the Courtesy Scholarship begins after the application has been received and entered in OPUS by the Office of Admissions.
- It is not necessary to wait for acceptance into the specific school, however, the scholarship is not applied until the student is enrolled in a course.
- Information concerning admission to an academic program should be obtained from the appropriate University admissions office.
- Step 2: Complete the Courtesy Scholarship Application in OPUS: Once the admissions application has been entered in OPUS by the Office of Admissions, the student receives an ID and password which allows them to log on to OPUS.
- In OPUS, the student (whether the employee, employee's spouse/partner, or dependent child) completes the Courtesy Scholarship Application.
- The employee's Employee ID is required on the application or to log in to OPUS, so be sure to obtain that information before entering the OPUS system. The Employee ID is found on the employee's pay advise.
- Please allow for some processing time. Contact the school's admissions office if you experience any difficulty in obtaining login information.
- Step 3: Provide Proof of Relationship to Student Financial Services: If the student is not the employee, Emory requires the student to present a proof of relationship per the Courtesy Scholarship Policy. Proof should be brought to the Courtesy Scholarship Administrator in Room 101 of the B Jones Center. The scholarship is not awarded until this step is completed.
Emory University Human Resources
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
1599 Clifton Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30322